Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2021

The Bright Side Running Club - Josie Lloyd: Book Review

Title: The Bright Side Running Club
Author: Josie Lloyd
Pages: 352
Publisher: Alcove Press
Publishing Date: 8.02.2022
Genre: General Fiction, Women's Fiction
Format: ebook
Rating: 2*
 

The Bright Side Running Club by Josie Lloyd made me miss running, but not enought to lace my trainers. Ain't nobody running in temperatures below 15*C!⁠

This novel tells the story of Keira and how her life changed once she learned of her cancer diagnosis. It's a serious, heart-gripping novel, made even more emotional by the author's note at the end saying that many of the things are based on real life, her story.⁠

However, there were a lot of characters I didn't like at all. Sometimes I didn't even like Keira, to be honest. Her running friends were the best, her family plain annoying, even towards the end. It's a nice book, it did made me empathise, but I kept giving the characters the side-eye. ⁠The side plot, that about Keira's business, gave me anxiety. Not because I was on the edge of my chair to see who was the villain (that was pretty obvious), but because Keira was so adamant to close her eyes and ignore a lot of the red flags. 

It's a nice story, but pretty forgettable for me. Thnks to the publisher, I got a free e-copy of this book via Net Galley. All thoughts expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment